Parish priest becomes King of the Frogs

Carnival time in Germany.

Comments

"Hi-ya kids! Hi-ya, Hi-ya, Hi-ya!

I'll be good, I will, I will!"

(Froggy the Gremlin, cerca 1955)

Will the good father pluck his magic twanger and bring them all to Jesus?

N.B.: These references are to an American television kiddie show from long ago, from the pre-Vatican II era.

It warms the heart to see the parish priest step down from his pulpit (figuratively speaking, since pulpits no longer exist), dress himself as a clown, paint himself like a tart and leave any remnant of his dignity behind.

This is the church with which SSPX is to seek reconciliation? I think I'll just slip out the side door before the banjo players begin strumming "What a Friend We Have in Jesus."
Felipe said…
Did the frog use lipstick?