Liturgical dance in St Louis



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Comments

Garret said…
Good grief. You know, this was a Vosko modified church! I bet the builders of such a beautiful building would be cringing at the sight of this... By the way, the music is absolutely terrible. How'd you find it?
Unknown said…
Ok, let's get this right......So, liturgical dance is about giving praise to God, right? But that's done by keeping our back to him and making sure that we keep the crowd entertained.

Although I will admit the dance was somewhat artistic and went well with the raw, emotional musical undertones, I don't see how it gave much praise to God when the focus isn't on him, but on ourselves......Oh wait, that's how most Masses of the "Ordinary" rite are....back turned on God, minds turned on ourselves...As my wife says, "If the shoe fits, throw it!"
Anonymous said…
Is this Bishop Burke's territory?!?! Was this recently? I'm shocked!
We should all write to Archbishop Burke, this is a travesty, in an archdiocese renowned for its liturgical orthopraxy.
PMKD said…
You all need to know that this church was recently struck by lightning and had a major fire. You may draw your own conclusions...

Article below:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/63BEE973B6E3C76E8625733B000B7441?OpenDocument

Marc (St. Louis, MO USA)
Hail3N1 said…
Are we in a different time zone, or what? I keep saying, I've seen it all; then something bizarre as this comes along and I think, the end of the parade must be very, very, Far off. This is indeed twilight zone.