Passionist dancing



Text provided for information purposes only- don't sing along.

Accidentally in love-Counting Crows

So she said what's the problem baby
What's the problem I don't know
Well maybe I'm in love (love)
Think about it every time
I think about it
Can't stop thinking 'bout it

How much longer will it take to cure this
Just to cure it cause I can't ignore it if it's love (love)
Makes me wanna turn around and face me but I don't know nothing 'bout love

Come on, come on
Turn a little faster
Come on, come on
The world will follow after
Come on, come on
Cause everybody's after love

So I said I'm a snowball running
Running down into the spring that's coming all this love
Melting under blue skies
Belting out sunlight
Shimmering love

Well baby I surrender
To the strawberry ice cream
Never ever end of all this love
Well I didn't mean to do it
But there's no escaping your love

These lines of lightning
Mean we're never alone,
Never alone, no, no

Come on, Come on
Move a little closer
Come on, Come on
I want to hear you whisper
Come on, Come on
Settle down inside my love

Come on, come on
Jump a little higher
Come on, come on
If you feel a little lighter
Come on, come on
We were once
Upon a time in love

We're accidentally in love
Accidentally in love [x7]

Accidentally

I'm In Love, I'm in Love,
I'm in Love, I'm in Love,
I'm in Love, I'm in Love,
Accidentally [x2]

Come on, come on
Spin a little tighter
Come on, come on
And the world's a little brighter
Come on, come on
Just get yourself inside her

Love ...I'm in love

IN CONTRAST
St Paul of the Cross sets forth an example to a lay penitent.

Short Regulation for Signora Maria Johanna Grazi:

1. In the morning let your first glance be to the Crucifix, your first sigh his wounds. Get dressed with holy thoughts, considering how Jesus was clothed after his scourging, and make the holy affections that devotion will suggest.

2. When you are dressed, prostrate yourself on the ground and adore God to thank him for benefits received with the usual prayers of a Christian.

3. Then make a half-hour of mental prayer, according to the rules which I gave you.

4. After your mental prayer sit down for a while to recall the lights you received, the affections and resolution you made, and especially the principal truth you used for meditation. Make a corsage of these and place it on the bosom of your soul in order to recall them during the day and to spiritually perfume your soul. For example, you have meditated on Jesus betrayed by Judas, then bound and led away by the cohort. So you form a summary of all the kicks the Jews give Jesus, the jerking with ropes, the drops of blood shed, the tears, the gasps, and so on, along with his infinite patience, he never opened his mouth, his kindliness toward Judas, etc. Then make a spiritual bouquet of these, as I said above.

Then during the day you can say: “O my soul, where have you left your Jesus? Ah! be amazed that you have left him with the Jews! Oh, how much suffering he endured for you! Oh, how many slaps they give him. Oh, how many blows! Ah, Jesus my Love! how can I see you so afflicted for love of me and not die of sorrow? Why do I not love you with the love of a seraph? Why have I not imitated your patience? Ah, dear Jesus! I wish to do that!”

I have given you these as examples. You can do the same for other mysteries, reviving your faith and putting yourself in the Presence of God.

5. Then go about your duties. Work without haste or strain; work with diligence, but with a peaceful heart and relaxed spirit, remaining in the Presence of God; work with your hands, but with your heart be busy with God.

6. Before your midday meal, if you can, put in a little spiritual reading and, if it is possible, withdraw to a quiet spot and spend a quarter of an hour alone with Jesus and do as he inspires you, making a recall of the morning’s meditation.

7. Go to your meal. Sit close to Jesus and Mary, and offer them some mouthfuls, for they are so poor. Present a pleasant appearance, but devoutly modest.

8. After the meal spend the time in a bit of recreation, if that is what your husband wishes. Remain in the company of the people with whom you had your meal.

9. After collation go to your work and continue until toward evening. When the 23 hour comes around, leave your work and close yourself off somewhere to make mental prayer until the 24 hour or a bit less.

10. After your prayer go about your household duties with a peaceful mind, thinking of God and with a holy, joyous, and modest countenance.

11. Take your evening meal as I suggested above and take it as a frugal meal, but eat what you need. I say frugal so that you will be more alert for prayer in the morning.

12. Then say your night prayers and those which you have decided upon as daily prayers. Before lying down read your meditation, if you can.

13. In undressing think how our poor Jesus was stripped of his garments before he extended himself on his bed, which was the altar of the cross. Make those affections that love inspires. Go to sleep with holy thoughts, but try to sleep so that you are more ready for prayer.

We will take up other exercises of penance in the confessional.

Ejaculatory prayers to be offered during the day:

“O Jesus, my love! would that you were never offended.”

“O my heart, break with sorrow!”

“Ah! Infinite Goodness, when will I love you! When will I be burnt up with love!”

“Ah! my dear Jesus, how much you suffered for me! and I do not love you? O my cruel heart, why do you not love Jesus who is your life, your supreme good?”

I have given you these prayers as examples. Use those where you feel more devotion, but use them with a peaceful spirit, gentle and relaxed, without strain of head or stomach, but gently. Thrust your heart often into the pure Heart of Jesus in the Sacrament. Greet Mary and Saint Joseph often as well as your guardian angel.

In dryness persevere in prayer and make use of ejaculatory prayers, especially acts of resignation to the Will of God. For example: “O dear Will of my God, be you forever blessed! O sweet Will! be forever fulfilled in me and by all. O dear Will of my God! how precious you are! How lovable! How holy! Ah! when, when will I be all transformed into the Holy Will?”

You can use these and others in temptations, in melancholy, etc., by kissing the Wounds of the Crucified. In temptations affirm that you wish to die rather than abandon God. In dryness affirm that before you would leave prayer and a spiritual life, you prefer to lose life itself.

Above all, I recommend the exercise of the holy virtues, that you conduct yourself with great respect and good grace and sweetness with your husband and all the household. Above all, show yourself all grace and courtesy with those who try your holy patience.

Love the promises you made to be all for God. Take them to heart, lock them there with the key of fidelity and holy love, and then give the key to Jesus.

Courage. Be faithful, humble, and persevering and you will sing the divine mercies in eternity. May the Lord grant this to you and me and to all. Amen.

Live Jesus! in whose Side I place you. Amen.

Your true servant in Jesus, Paul of the Holy Cross

Comments

Vidimusdominum said…
I hope this didn't take place in the Church!
Fr Ray Blake said…
This funny,
See the beach Mass, that isn't!